Monday, June 3, 2013

A Hope Undaunted by Julie Lessman

A Hope Undaunted

Description:

What happens when the boy she loved to hate becomes the man she hates to love?

The 1920s are drawing to a close, and feisty Katie O'Connor is the epitome of the new woman--smart and sassy with goals for her future that include the perfect husband and a challenging career in law. Her boyfriend Jack fits all of her criteria for a husband--good-looking, well-connected, wealthy, and eating out of her hand. But when she is forced to spend the summer of 1929 with Luke McGee, the bane of her childhood existence, Katie comes face-to-face with a choice. Will she follow her well-laid plans to marry Jack? Or will she fall for the man she swore to despise forever?

My Opinion:

This was my second time reading this book. The first time I was unaware that it was part of two series, the Daughters of Boston and the Winds of Change series. So, the first time I actually gave this book 3 stars.

When I found out that it was part of these series I decided that I would read it again in order starting with the first books, which I now have reviews for on my blog. I'm very glad that I chose to do that, it put everything in perspective for me.

Before, when I first read this book it was extremely emotional. Probably the most emotional book I had read at the time. Now, after reading the others I understand why this one was this way. I needed to know these peoples pasts and the beginning of their story.

I can't tell you how much that helped me understand A Hope Undaunted.

A Hope Undaunted is a really good book. It has a ton of romance and a whole lot of steamy moments. The characters all go through struggles and it shows how tough following Christ can be at times, but to never lose faith and to pray when you are at your weakest point.

I would recommend this book to older teens and adults because there is alcohol, very steamy parts, and innuendos of sex before marriage. I would also recommend that you read this book after reading The Daughters of Boston series, in order. These are books that you do not want to get mixed up.

RATING: 5 Stars (reading books in order does make a difference)

No comments:

Post a Comment