Monday, March 25, 2013

The Tutor's Daughter by Julie Klassen

The Tutor's Daughter

Description:

Emma Smallwood, determined to help her widowed father regain his spirits when his academy fails, agrees to travel with him to the distant Cornwall coast, to the cliff-top manor of a baronet and his four sons. But after they arrive and begin teaching the younger boys, mysterious things begin to happen and danger mounts. Who does Emma hear playing the pianoforte, only to find the music room empty? Who sneaks into her room at night? Who rips a page from her journal, only to return it with a chilling illustration?

The baronet's older sons, Phillip and Henry, wrestle with problems--and secrets--of their own. They both remember Emma Smallwood from their days at her father's academy. She had been an awkward, studious girl. But now one of them finds himself unexpectedly drawn to her.

When the suspicious acts escalate, can the clever tutor's daughter figure out which brother to blame... and which brother to trust with her heart?


My Opinion:

Looking at this books cover I would have never guessed that this book was filled with suspense, but throughout almost the whole book I was trying to figure out "Who done it." I liked how Julie kept me guessing throughout the story. No matter how many times I thought I had figured out who was behind everything she would throw something else at me and then I had to guess all over again. I don't normally read many books with suspense in them but I really enjoyed this one. I will have to add more to my reading list.

This was the first book I have read by this author also. I can honestly say that I think I have found a new author to continue to read. I liked her writing style and the way she implemented God into the story. The romance was also good, not to fast paced and not to slow, not over powering but also enough to enjoy reading.

Their really isn't anything that I can think of to fault in the book. It was an entertaining and pleasant read.  I would recommend it to anybody who enjoys suspense, romance, and a morally good story.

Rating: 5 Stars

3 comments:

  1. I am a big fan of Julie's novels. I have read all of them including this one. I thought it was really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read this book so bad! I've read several of Julie Klassen's books & loved all of them! She's such a great author! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read enough of her books yet, this being the only one, to know if I'm a huge fan or not. I do hope to read more of her books soon though, and to write more reviews.:)

    ReplyDelete