Thursday, March 21, 2013

Healer by Linda Windsor

Healer: A Novel

Description:

Sixth-century Scotland—in the time of Arthur…. “The Gowrys’ seed shall divide your mighty house and bring a peace beyond the ken of your wicked soul.” Her mother’s dying prophecy to the chieftain Tarlach O’Byrne sentenced Brenna of Gowrys to twenty years of hiding. Twenty years of being hunted—by the O’Byrnes, who fear the prophecy, and by her kinsmen, who expect her to lead them against their oppressors. But Brenna is a trained and gifted healer, not a warrior queen. So she lives alone in the wilderness with only her pet wolf for company. When she rescues a man badly wounded from an ambush, she believes he may be the answer to her deep loneliness. Healing him comes as easy as loving him. But can their love overcome years of bitterness and greed…and bring peace and renewed faith to the shattered kingdom?

My Opinion:

This is the first book to ever make me emotional during the PROLOGUE! Just by reading that I was hooked. However, that was probably the only part that made me really emotional. After that it was still a good read but I wasn't into it as much.

I feel like the romance was rushed a little bit to much in the beginning, but I love how their relationship grew throughout the book. It was so romantic knowing how much Ronan was in love with Brenna by his actions toward anyone who wanted to hurt her.

I really liked how much faith Brenna had in God and the Holy Spirit, and how she used their power through prayer to heal people, whether it be physically or mentally. I liked how Ronan saw her faith and loved her so much he was willing to believe and wanted to have that happiness for himself too, but I was a little disappointed at the end when he did not quite learn how to forgive.

Overall, this book was a good read. Their was nothing wrong with the book in my opinion, it just didn't capture me throughout the whole book like others have by Linda before. I would recommend this book to people who enjoy reading about love, action, betrayal, and over coming impossible outcomes.

Rating: 3 1/2 stars

My Favorites by Linda Windsor:
It had to be you
Along Came Jones
Moon Struck Series:
Paper Moon
Fiesta Moon
Blue Moon

No comments:

Post a Comment