Saturday, November 9, 2013

Maid to Match by Deeanne Gist

Maid to Match

Description:

 From the day she arrives at the Biltmore, Tillie Reese is dazzled—by the riches of the Vanderbilts and by Mack Danver, a mountain man turned footman. When Tillie is enlisted to help tame Mack's rugged behavior by tutoring him in the ways of refined society, the resulting sparks threaten Tillie's efforts to be chosen as Edith Vanderbilt's lady's maid.

But the stakes rise even higher when Mack and Tillie become entangled in a cover-up at the town orphanage. They could both lose their jobs...and their hearts.


My Opinion:

This was my second time reading this book and let me tell you, I felt like I had never read it before! I remembered all the events, but it was like a completely new experience for me! This was and still is one of my all time favorite books!

This was the first book I had ever read by Deeanne Gist; because of this book Deeanne Gist is one of my favorite authors! I have read all her books that are out so far and plan on reading all her ones still to come. I cannot wait for her book Fair Play to come out! 

This is not just one of my favorite books, but the characters in it are also some of my favorites. Tillie and Mack have impacted me in ways I can't explain. Their desires were so crucial to their lives, but they listened to God and what they knew was right no matter the consequences.

I am definitely a romantic, and may I just say that I think Mack is one of the dreamiest fictional characters I have read about, he is right there with Marcello from Lisa Bergrens River of Time series, and Mack is ONLY in ONE book! Deeanne gave him so much charisma that it literally jumps off the pages. He is good-looking, rugged, charming, caring, and nice. He's a hard worker and he knows what he wants out of life. He respects women when most around him don't and he cared about his education growing up.

Tillie is a lot like me in my opinion; a people pleaser. She wants to reach out to others and make them happy because that's what she believes God called her to do. She also wants to explore the world, and she is so blinded with the thought of going places, that she fails to see what it might cost her. One thing is for sure when it comes to her though- she is DETERMINED. When she sets her mind to something she doesn't give up until she accomplishes it.

Furthermore, the detailing that Deeanne uses in her books is flawless. My imagination plays these pages like a clear and crisp movie. Their are no fuzzy lines or edges; everything comes together and morphs into one vivid picture.

The message I get from this book is to not strive and force yourself into the direction you want and or think you should go, but rest and pray that God will LEAD you to him through the events and situations HE puts into your life. 

A verse that I think of whenever I read this is:

Proverbs 3:5-6

New International Version (NIV)
Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.[a]

 Rating: 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment