Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A Passion Most Pure by Julie Lessman

A Passion Most Pure (Daughters of Boston, #1)

Description:

She's found the love of her life.

Unfortunately, he loves her sister.

As World War I rages across the Atlantic in 1916, a smaller war is brewing in Boston. Faith O'Connor finds herself drawn to an Irish rogue who is anything but right for her. Collin McGuire is brash, cocky, and from the wrong side of the tracks, not to mention forbidden by her father. And then there's the small matter that he is secretly courting her younger sister. But when Collin's affections shift, it threatens to tear her proper Boston family apart.

Book 1 of the Daughters of Boston series, A Passion Most Pure will carry your heart from the sophisticated streets of Boston to the green hills of Ireland as men go off to war and women long for their return. Full of passion, romance, rivalry, and betrayal, it will captivate you from the first page.

My Opinion:

AWWWWWWWWWWWW! *Deep Breath*

Okay, I love Julie Lessman! She is an amazing writter, by far one of my favorites even though I've only read two of her books!

I can see where some people might think these books, Daughters of Boston Series, might have too much romance. Sometimes I felt awkward as well. However, I do like how she did that! Her characters behavior/morals are not perfect at all which helps a lot for it to be more realistic. It also shows how someone who is on the wide path, not straight and narrow, can take take a complete U-Turn for the better and change their future.

Collin is her example in this book of that. He is completely living for himself and not willing to change that for anybody. When he starts to fall in love with Faith he stuggles with the fact he can never have her unless he accepts Jesus into his life. Through his love for Faith, his growing relationship with her family and friendship with a soldier buddy he comes to realize that he does want what they have, even though it takes him forever to figure it out. His transformation is probably one of my favorites that I have ever read, as well as one of the most emotional. I have a feeling it's not going to stop there either with the other books in the series I have to read.

Charity. Well, let's just say her and I are not on good terms right now.:0
She played a big roll in the story, and one I'm not fond of at this point. However, I do realize that she was definitely needed or this story would of never happened. I can't wait to read about her transformation to the straight and narrow in A Passion Redeemed.

Faith. Love her to death! She is such a strong believer although she struggled with her faith in God at points. I really liked that because it showed how even the strongest christians can fall away from God, but that they can persevere with the loved ones/fellow christians around them.

This book is really good at showing that even the most well respected people are not perfect and even the best/closest families still have their flaws. This made it very realistic for me. Nothing in this book was cookie cutter perfect. It was full of obstacles and trials for everyone to face and come out blessed with a true love for God.

I definitely plan on reading A Passion Redeemed and A Passion Denied! Can't wait!;)
I hope this helps you decide whether to read them or not also! Happy reading!

Rating: 5 stars

2 comments:

  1. SALYNA!!! Oh my, I am SO glad I read your comment on Kara Grant's blog or I would have NEVER seen this absolutely FABULOUS review, you sweet thing!!

    Thank you SO much, and I am hoping and praying that before I am through with you, Charity O'Connor will be one of your favorite characters in this series, I promise. By the 5th book in this family saga, you will be laughing out loud over her shennaigans because she is a royal hoot -- at least to me, and, I hope -- you!!

    I don't know if you have posted your reviews on Amazon, but if not, I would LOVE to see them there!

    And you are the Salyna who entered my newsletter contest, too, right? Gosh, now I reallllly want you to win!! ;)

    Hugs and more hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, yes I am:) Thank you so much! I'm so glad you liked my review, I always try to be as honest as possible without spoiling anything. I hope I didn't in this review.

    I'm pretty sure I will come to love Charity throughout the series. As I said before I love reading characters trasformations and I'm sure hers will be a doozy.

    Can't wait for the results to the giveaways to be done so I can see them. I'm so anxious, but even if I don't win, mark my words when I have money I'm gonna be looking for them:)

    I don't have any reviews on Amazon right now:( I first must buy something from Amazon before it will allow me to post any. My birthday is coming up though, so with some money from that I will probably buy something to enable it so I can put my reviews up there.

    Thanks again for your comment and checking out my blog! I hope you liked it!

    ReplyDelete