Saturday, April 6, 2013

A Noble Groom by Jody Hedlund

A Noble Groom

Description:


A New Historical Romance from Fan-Favorite Jody Hedlund

Recently widowed Annalisa Werner has the feeling her husband was murdered but can't prove it. Alone with her young daughter in 1881 Michigan, she has six months left to finish raising the money needed to pay back the land contract her husband purchased, and the land is difficult to toil by herself. She needs a husband. With unmarried men scarce, her father sends a letter to his brother in the Old Country, asking him to find Annalisa a groom.

For nobleman Carl von Reichert, the blade of the guillotine is his fate. He's been accused and convicted of a serious crime he didn't commit, and his only escape is to flee to a small German community in Michigan where he'll be safe. He secures a job on Annalisa's farm but stumbles through learning about farming and manual labor.

Annalisa senses that Carl is harboring a secret about his past, yet she finds herself drawn to him anyway. He's gentle, kind, and romantic--unlike any of the men she's ever known. He begins to restore her faith in the ability to love--but her true groom is still on his way. And time is running out on them all.

My Opinion:

First off, I love the cover! It is extremely close to how I actually pictured Carl in my head. Second, *Sigh*, Carl is so amazing! And third, this is probably my favorite book by Jody Hedlund so far!

All the characters played extremely well into the story, even the not so important ones. Jody wrote in such vivid detail that I did not have a hard time picturing anything. I felt like I was standing right next to Carl and Annalisa the whole time! Also when she was writing about Carl and Annalisa's emotions, she explained them so well that I felt like I was experiencing the emotions as well.

The romance in this story was so sweet! I really liked how Jody referred to a whole bunch of princess stories throughout the book. It really played to how Annalisa forgot how to love and stopped believing that true love even existed, then Carl sweeping in like her perfect/destined prince!

I also liked watching Carls transformation from a well-to-do spoiled nobleman to a hard-working loving man worthy of respect. I loved seeing how his thoughts and opinions changed the further you got into the story.

Another thing I liked was that I thought this book was unpredictable, I could almost never fully have a guess on what was going to happen or how something was going to take place. Which I liked a lot!

I'm gonna be honest, when I started this book I didn't think I was going to enjoy it. I was excited about reading it until after I got a couple chapters into it, then I got scared because I wasn't getting hooked. The last book I read by Jody Hedlund, The Doctor's Lady, I didn't enjoy as much as the others. However, I didn't give up on A Noble Groom and as I kept on reading I was rewarded with, in my opinion, her best one yet!!!

I hope this review helps you decide to read it or not, and I hope that if you decide to read it that you enjoy it as much as I did!

Rating- 5 Stars




3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the lovely review, Salyna! I'm glad that you ended up really enjoying the story and that you liked it best of all my books yet! I appreciate you taking the time to review it! Many blessings! Jody

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comment, and thanks so much for stopping by. It means so much to me! Can't wait for another book to come out;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for following my blog!!!!!
    I think we like a lot of the same books! :) :) I look forward to following you and enjoying sharing reviews!
    In Him, Faith

    ReplyDelete