Thursday, April 25, 2013

A Passion Denied by Julie Lessman

A Passion Denied (Daughters of Boston, #3)

Description:


Young Elizabeth O'Connor is the little sister John Brady always longed for. But she wants much more than that from her spiritual mentor. As she blossoms into a beautiful young woman intent on loving John, he must push back the very real attraction he feels for her. His past just won't let him go there. Unfortunately, Lizzie won't let him go anywhere else--until she discovers he is not all that he seems. Can true love survive such revelations?
Full of the romance and relationships Lessman readers have come to love, "A Passion Denied" is the final book in the popular Daughters of Boston series.

My Opinion:


Favorite of the series! I absolutely loved this book!

This one literally made me cry, I couldn't believe the heart break but also the restoration that took place. Normally in Julie’s books at least one of the main characters is lost and does not have a relationship with God. In this one both of them did, but one had a past that they thought was unforgivable.


Brady, bless his heart! His love for God is unmistakable and unbelievably remarkable. He is almost the perfect man, the only thing he had an issue with was forgiveness. How to give it occasionally and how to receive it. His character shows that even after someone receives God into their life that they will still have struggles and problems to overcome.

Some really good verses used in the story to help Brady get over his problems were:
Psalm 103:12
New International Version (NIV)
12 ...as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.
1 John 1:9
New International Version (NIV)
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
Micah 7:19
New International Version (NIV)
19 You will again have compassion on us;    you will tread our sins underfoot and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea.

The main part of this story is about Brady falling in love with Lizzie who is already in love with him, but not feeling worthy of anybody's love because of his sinful past.

Everybody makes mistakes and sins, and I've had a hard time with forgiving/receiving forgiveness, but after reading this my eyes have been opened to just how much God really loves me, and wants to forgive me.

Some verses of my own that I think go with this are:
Hebrews 8:12
New International Version (NIV)
12 For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.
Ephesians 4:32
New International Version (NIV)
32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

I can't think of anything else to add other than to say once again that I loved A Passion Denied.I hope you liked the review:)


Rating: 5 Stars

1 comment:

  1. This looks like an interesting book. Thanks for your thoughts!

    BTW-I have 7 giveaways going on at my site if you want to stop over and take a look. Hope you have a great weekend!

    Diane :o)
    www.dianeestrella.com

    ReplyDelete