Monday, May 20, 2013

Crossed by Allie Condie

Crossed (Matched, #2)

Description:

The hotly awaited second book in the dystopian Matched trilogy. 

In search of a future that may not exist and faced with the decision of who to share it with, Cassia journeys to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky - taken by the Society to his certain death - only to find that he has escaped, leaving a series of clues in his wake. Cassia's quest leads her to question much of what she holds dear, even as she finds glimmers of a different life across the border. But as Cassia nears resolve and certainty about her future with Ky, an invitation for rebellion, an unexpected betrayal, and a surprise visit from Xander - who may hold the key to the uprising and, still, to Cassia's heart - change the game once again. Nothing is as expected on the edge of Society, where crosses and double crosses make the path more twisted than ever.


My Opinion: 

Great second book:) I'm really liking this series.

This book digs deeper into Ky's life and explains the choices he makes. It actually has us read through Ky's perspective which I did not expect. I thought all the books would be completely in Cassia's perspective like Katniss in the Hunger Games. I really liked how I got to read Ky's thoughts. It helped me understand his character a lot more. I saw how much he loves Cassia and things he struggles with because of his past. I also got to see him overcome obstacles that had been holding him back.

I don't know who thinks like these characters do in real life but their thought processes are beautiful. Poetry is a big part of this series. Normally I don't like poetry, because I am terrible at writing it and understanding it. However, the poems in these books are broken down over and over again and thought of in different ways, depending on which characters perspective your in. That helped me comprehend them a lot easier! I always thought that their could only be one meaning for a poem, but every person thinks differently and can get their own hidden message from it. I still don't think I will ever enjoy writing poetry but I think I will be a little bit more interested in reading it:)

Like I said in my last review, I love the romance in these books. It's not so BAM IN YOUR FACE like other books are. It's sweet and subtle. Of course their was definitely more in this book than in Matched, but it still wasn't overdone.

I think my favorite quote from this book was:
 “I climb into the dark for you
Are you waiting in the stars for me?”


Rating: 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment