Monday, February 25, 2013

Riona by Linda Windsor

Riona

Description:

Riona, a gentlewoman of faith, discovers that her plan to help the disadvantaged includes not only the plague orphans in her charge, but the arrogant, handsome adventurer who feels honor-bound to save her and her lands by marrying her -- with or without her consent.

 Lord Kieran of Gleannmara depends on nothing and no one save his wit and skill with steel, but soon a deadly twist of fate forces him to acknowledge his need not only for the lady Riona and her worrisome entourage, but for her Lord as well.

My Opinion:

I love Linda Windsor's books. I always like the messages she has in her novel's and how she presents them. The characters in Riona are great and so realistic; with Kieran being so bull-headed when it comes to his belief in God and Riona's love for Kieran but being repulsed for the longest time at the thought/mention of marrying him.

I thought it was funny how anytime Riona was nice to Kieran he took that as pretty much her consent for marriage, and then she would get all mad and frusterated with him again. However, for some reason I didn't get into the romance very much. Don't get me wrong, it has a lot of romance in it and it was good, it just wasn't my favorite.

Also, at the end of the book I got a little confused. I wasn't sure why when Leila was being healed Riona and Kieran couldn't see what was happening but everyone else could. All in all, it was an okay read.

Rating: 3 1/2 Stars




No comments:

Post a Comment